As a company with more than 20 years experience in the architectural and interior design, planning, build and joinery industry, we are looking for an experienced Architectural Designer with excellent technical skills or a creative technologist to join our friendly team, based in St, Ives, Cambridgeshire, this spring, to work alongside our small team of architectural and interior designers. We work on a range of specialist, mainly residential projects and our work involves planning and listed building consent applications, contemporary extensions and refurbishments and specialist construction and joinery projects throughout Cambs, Beds, North Herts and North Essex. A large amount of our work is breathing new life into listed properties giving the candidate a particular opportunity to work on historical buildings.
The role involves;
- Reporting into our Managing Director and working closely with the full team, you will work as part of a collaborative team on the design, from creating conceptual ideas in the studio to be presented to clients to the final construction and specification package, including ongoing site liaison with site managers and third parties.
- Carrying out measured surveys or working with third party surveyors and producing the required drawings.
- Creating the existing and proposed designs from the outset in 3D.
- Producing detailed and well-considered planning and construction drawing packages and full joinery drawings.
- Supporting the construction team, which will include liaison with site managers.
- Liaison with third parties including statutory authorities such as planning authorities and building control, suppliers, subcontractors, site managers and fabricators
Required skills, experience and qualifications;
- We are seeking a highly pragmatic, experienced, self-motivated and organised individual who is a strong team player and who thrives on driving projects forward and who can manage multiple projects.
- Being able to communicate well with clients, contractors and third parties as well as within the more immediate team is fundamental to the role.
- We are also looking for someone who has a high level of interest in new innovation and technologies in the built environment and who will show passion to embrace sustainability and environmental considerations on projects.
- A good knowledge of the planning process would be advantageous.
- Residential experience preferred.
- A high level of ability in CAD software is critical.
- You will be required to hold a full driving licence and your own vehicle.
We are offering;
- The package we are offering is permanent after a probation period of 3 months in the first instance, 37.5 hours per week, with holiday included.
- Salary will be negotiable dependant on experience.
If the position is of interest please supply your CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suited to this appointment. Please also include your salary expectation and a portfolio of your work with a view to interview at the soonest convenience.
Job Type: Full-time